PDA

View Full Version : looking for a windsurfdestination

crazychemical
20th January 2007, 09:43 PM
Ji everybody! I finish secondairy school this year and because i'm 18 i can go off solo (or with friends) but unfortunatly i've become totally addicted to windsurfing so i'm really picky besides being totally broke aswell. I live in Belgium but for the summer i wanne go to a kickass windsurfspot in Europe but i don't know where .... I'll probalby be going beginning of september (seeing as universety only starts halfway september, i think (hope))
any suggestions??
ps i'm accustomed to flatwater sailing, but i can work with choppy conditions aswell, i can do pretty much anything except that my waterstart isn't going to smooth yet (need help on that :p).

Thanks guys!

Haiko aka crazychemical

21st January 2007, 03:38 PM
- Leucate/France ("wind city") (nothing, seawind (<20kts) or Trami 20-50+kts)
- Bahia de Rosas (Rosas, Empuriabrava, St. Pere Pescador, L&#39;Escale all on the Costa Brava) / Spain (10-15 kts almost every day, unless Trami: 20-45kts)

both approx 100km apart, there will be wind at at least 1 location every day in september (maybe much more than you can handle)
I prefer Bahia de Rosas and only go to Leucate if no wind in Spain.

21st January 2007, 03:57 PM
B)Ja
Leucate heb ik ,toe ik 18 was ook gedaan en kan nu al 25 jaar waterstarten als geen ander .....

Devil

crazychemical
21st January 2007, 08:40 PM
I&#39;ve checked leucate on the map, looks good and i understand why it would be ideal for me ! i mean, it&#39;s protected from the sea so i&#39;ll have pretty good flatwater conditions for my Go 139! :p (i wanne move on from it but for now we&#39;re sticking to this beauty;)) Plus it&#39;s in france and i&#39;m fluent in french so excellent choice guys thx. Any recomendations on the sailrange i should tag along? Usually i take my 5.5m?? and my 7.6 m?? with me, enables me to surf flatwater up to 6.5 BFT .... A bit of feedback would be way to cool!

thanks a lot already!

Haiko aka Crazychemical

24th January 2007, 09:30 PM
just keep in mind, that leucate and go 139 might not be "compatible" and you migt need weed fin (smaller fins like on PA73 / K86 work but stock fin for go139 might pose a problem)

crazychemical
24th January 2007, 11:04 PM
i have an extra select fin, 40 cm for heavier duty freestyle/ride and the standard fin is the drake 480 for pure kickass speed. How would the fin cause problems? shallow waters ???