PDA

View Full Version : Wish you wellness Roger

wsurfn
25th August 2007, 12:21 AM
I just read today in Jim Karabasz's newsletter that you have had some recent health problems. I very sorry to hear this and hope it is not too serious. I wish you a speedy recovery, and I hope you are back on the water very soon.

Mark

Brian S
25th August 2007, 02:15 AM
Roger,
I hear you're doing well. Good news. Don't push it. Good things take time.
Brian

Joe
25th August 2007, 03:39 AM
Wishing you well & hoping that you are back on the water soon!

Regards,
Joe

crazychemical
25th August 2007, 10:08 PM
We all hope you'll recover soon Roger,

Roger
25th August 2007, 11:25 PM
Thanks guys,
I'm working on it one day at a time, but for an active guy, sitting around in a hospital/guest services room and playing on the internet/sleeping is a little less than
fun.
I'll try to keep up with my forum duties here, but no guarantee's.
I'm doing great and the future seems bright with my new ported and polished, oversized valve, heart.
Thanks again,
R

Jay
26th August 2007, 02:28 AM
Roger,

I'm so glad to hear about your successful surgery!
I hope your recovery process is smooth and speedy.

Jay

Ian Fox
26th August 2007, 09:05 AM
Awesome comeback Roger, awesome !

Just be careful they don't also fit you out with a turbo - we'll ALL be in trouble !

Wish you a "speedy" recovery, but don't forget to TAKE IT EASY !!!

Cheers ~ Ian

mondy
26th August 2007, 02:00 PM
Roger, best wishes for a speedy recovery!
Mondy from sri lanka

John Kemsley
26th August 2007, 05:15 PM
Roger. your always helpful. Get well soon!!

Regards

John

Colin Pitts
27th August 2007, 08:24 AM
Hi Roger,

I heard through a friend you had heart surgery.
I am happy to read you are doing well now.
Wishing you a speedy recovery. See you soon - on the water!

Take care
colin and Fan

Monty
27th August 2007, 10:42 AM
Wishing you all the best Roger for a speedy recovery which will see you back on the water soon.
Cheers geoff

rod_r
27th August 2007, 11:43 AM
Pleased to hear you are recovering well Roger. I thought you were looking a little grey in your forum picture :-))). Look forward to your return in full colour.

best regards,

rod

marek
27th August 2007, 03:44 PM
All the best from here (Poland) as well.

-marek

P.S. I have your formula upwind threads bookmarked - thank you ;-).

Paulc
27th August 2007, 06:58 PM
wishing you the best also (Connecticut) :)

look forward to seeing you on the water again :)

cheers

o2bnme
27th August 2007, 09:15 PM
Good to hear you are doing well! We'll see you on the water soon!!

HappyHappyJoyJoy
27th August 2007, 10:10 PM
Wishing you a complete and soonest recovery! (Moscow, Russia)

Del Carpenter
29th August 2007, 01:09 AM
Roger, because of all your work on the Taste of Windsurfing Tour, and on these forums and others, I always thought your heart was already polished, ported, and very much oversized. I hope your down-time is as enjoyable and as short as possible.

Del

Weedfin
29th August 2007, 08:08 AM
Wishing for a speedy recovery from Cape Cod.

Roly Gardner
31st August 2007, 04:18 PM
Great news Roger. All the very best from Blighty.

Roly

charlesivey
1st September 2007, 04:09 AM
Roger,

I just heard about your new "repairs." You are simply retrofitting for more miles -- just like your famous truck. Hope you are feeling great, following instructions (now that might be challenging for you), and mending as quickly as possible.

Your old friend,

Charles

Roger
1st September 2007, 05:06 AM
Hi Charles,
Yes, I'm just getting a "higher performance" retro fit. Surgeon says the "bigger valve" should give me about 30% more flow than I ever had before, even when I was a kid.
I'm doing what they say.
Today was 14 days post op and I walked more than 2.5 miles around the outside of the hospital grounds. Seems like I'm bouncing back at a better rate than anticipated.
Thanks for your concern and kind words!
Best Regards,
Roger

charlesivey
1st September 2007, 10:41 AM
Your endurance sounds incredible after such a short time. Keep up the good work. I guess the energizer bunny commercial an appropriate analogy for you.

Keep up the rehab, and keep us informed.

Charles

fullmoon
3rd September 2007, 01:17 PM
Hi Roger,
Been following your progress on this thread and I am very pleased with the outcome.
Best wishes,and take it slowly.
Benny

Roger
3rd September 2007, 07:46 PM
Hi Guys,
Thanks again for all of your encouragement.
I was able to walk more than 5 miles yesterday (2 sessions 2.6 miles (3 laps around the hospital grounds) each) so I'm ramping things up slowly.
I go to the cardiologist's tomorrow so we will see how he thinks I'm doing.
Thanks again, I think I'm looking at a very bright new horizon.
R

Nacho D.
12th September 2007, 05:46 AM
Hi Roger, I am very glad to hear you are recovering well.

Regards from Madrid (Spain).

Ray Timm
13th September 2007, 06:15 PM
Roger,

Good to hear you're doing well. My brother recently had a similar surgery and the change in his energy level has been nothing short of phenomenal.

Ray

Roger
14th September 2007, 07:23 AM
Hey Ray,
Are you still over in the Middle East?
Did you ever get the MF 4x4 truck?
Send me a picture of the truck.
I'm about to have to get rid of mine due to the USDOT and their "over regulation".
I'm looking at a Sprinter Van or an RV of some sort to replace the truck.
R

Ray Timm
14th September 2007, 06:35 PM
Hi Roger,

Good to hear from you. Was the valve problem something you've had for a long time?

I'm still in Saudi.

I never did buy the truck, but my best friend back in Michigan did after I mentioned that I wanted to get one when I quit working in Saudi. He built the box on the back himself and jumped through all the hoops they wanted for it to be licensed as a private vehicle. He's already had it on a couple of long drives and is quite happy with it. He reminds me of you quite a bit in that he can fix or make almost anything, so what for him was an enjoyable project would have been a chore for me. I did end up with a vehicle here in Saudi that I've been wanting for a long time. My 93 Suburban became totally unreliable, so I bought a Toyota Land Cruiser Model 78. Straight 6, manual transmission, two 90 liter gas tanks, roll up windows and two bench seats that fold up in the back against the sides. Totally utilitarian. The Bedu drive the pickup version so you can get parts anywhere you go in the Arabian peninsula, plus find someone who knows how to fix them.

I haven't been to the Gorge the last four summers because I've been sailing on Masirah off the coast of Oman. July and August have consistent 20+ knot winds nearly everyday and depending where you decide to sail, it can be port or tack side shore. Waves get up to 4-5 meters.

Ray

James
15th September 2007, 11:18 AM
Roger, you are a saint for supporting and helping all us crazy windsurfers. I hope you feel better soon.

sam 2007
16th September 2007, 11:20 PM
Roger,
Pam and I both send you our best wishes for your speedy recovery and continued good health. I hope to see you in Bonaire this winter.

Sam and Pam :)

Roger
17th September 2007, 09:18 PM
Hi all,
I'm still doing great, and am back on the east coast after a couple of weeks in the Gorge just relaxing.
I can drive as of this morning.
Thanks to all of you for your kind wishes, they have helped.
Not sure when the docs will let me back on the water, but real soon, I hope.
Thanks again,
Roger

John Kemsley
19th September 2007, 05:27 PM
Hi Roger, happy to hear that your making progress

mondy
23rd September 2007, 04:41 AM
good to see that according to the posts here ur recovering well, i'm very happy for that, ur definetely a nice guy going by how u come across to the public in u r replies to the ppl who write here. keep up the good work and the exercise, walk around those grounds man, sail around that lake.....write to us our mate....!
ciao

Lessacher
24th September 2007, 05:48 PM
Hallo Roger! I hope that your health will be better from day to day. I need you for
testing my fins,you are one of the seldom Windsurfer who is always fair. Wolfgang

Roger
24th September 2007, 07:30 PM
Hi Wolfgang,
I'm getting a little better each day, and soon I hope to get back on the water.
You are correct, I try to be fair.
Windsurfing is a funny sport in that what works best for one sailor does not work well at all for other sailors. We are all "looking for" the gear and setup that feels right and makes our sailing "effortless", but the gear that it takes to make that happen can vary
greatly.
I'm always "amused" (not amazed) when sailors suggest that getting the latest sail, latest fin or latest board is sure to make you sail fast and effortlessly, but the suggestion never has anything about the conditions, the sailing discipline, etc. included, so while it might be perfect for one sailor, on one day, at one spot, it's absolutely the wrong stuff elsewhere or in different conditions.
That's why I try to suggest a range of different fins, boards, sails, masts, booms etc. when ever possible, as there is no one setup that covers the entire spectrum.
I'll get back with you on the new fin, and I'd really like to try some of the 30 deg. LE rake speed fins.
Thanks for your support over the last couple of years,
Roger

Karen
27th September 2007, 03:03 AM
Hi Roger,

As the last 1/2 year I have been very busy with various things (work & private stuff) I only now found out that you have had serious health problems.
I am happy to hear that you are recovering good.

Take care!

Karen