View Single Post
Old 10th July 2014, 10:09 AM   #19
Chris Pressler

Yes, that was exactly my impression, when I started to windsurf with Formula board or with similar concepts like the Apollo (thinned out Formula).

http://2007.star-board.com/viewpage.php?page_id=24

Perhaps a bit shrinked version of it. It had 150 liters

I often used smaller sail sizes like 8,8, 9,2 and 10,0, max a 11,0 and went the same directions how I was used to do it on my Slalom gear. My Formula board was a perfect trainings tool for light wind. All my friends, who were doing Formula for many years, told me I need to go extremely much upwind and afterwards extremely much downwind. I most of the time were more in between and really enjoyed that. So, why not Slalom racing on a kind of bigger board than 85cm width.

Not sure how competitive a Formula Board would be compared to a large Slalom board. The board could be really slim to make it lighter compared to a Formula board. Instead of 160 -170 liters just 140 to 150 liters. Would be really interesting to test. I remember the year, when we had no result on Korea. Paolo dos Reis had a massive fin in his iSonic 133, with 57 cm and was going extremely early and had massive speed at the start. The races just got cancelled as most of the guys stopped around mark one.

Chris

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Chris Pressler is offline   Reply With Quote