Go Back   Starboard Forums > Ask Our Team

Old 3rd January 2018, 01:27 AM   #1
kendocherty

Default starter board for 10 year old light wind conditions

Hello Star-board,

my daughter has taken an interest in windsurfing. 10 years old and 35kg. It would be nice to get her into the sport and sail together in the future. We sail in light wind conditions most sailing days.

What would be the right starter board for her? Start, Rio or Go?

I have the impression Start is meant more for schools for the first few weeks only and is very heavy for her age and Rio perhaps too long for her age to manage so I end with Rio. Is this the correct choice? I do not want her to get discouraged on a too-advanced board and give up. I have other daughters coming up behind her so if the start is the right one to begin with that is also fine but it would be good if she could use the board for a year or two at least. Where we live we are the only windsurfers so no boards to borrow or test. Any comments / advice appreciated.

Regards
Ken
kendocherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2018, 08:34 PM   #2
Chris Pressler

Hi Ken,

what's about the AtomIQ Duo: http://www.star-board-windsurfing.co...18-atomiq-duo/
These models grow with the improved skills. Kids learn quick and the width supports the floating. The adjustable center fin stabilizes the system and helps to avoid drifting downwind in light wind.

The boards are smaller and lighter compared to big beginner boards. Plus advanced windsurfers can blast around in stronger wind conditions.

Hope it helps,

Chris Pressler

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Chris Pressler is offline   Reply With Quote