Old 21st August 2006, 02:11 AM   #1
John1

Default Sailboard Hucker 6,6

Hi Roger.
I?m the lucky owner of a Hucker 6,6. I will mostly sail with a Carve 100 liters board.
My question is:
I have read some place that it?s possible to trim that sail for several conditions. It?s very special with the minimal twist and high power effort. Di You think I can use a more flexibel masttop to make the sail more effective in overpowered condition? Skinny?
With regards,
John Jahr,
Sweden.
John1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2006, 04:17 AM   #2
John1

Default RE: Sailboard Hucker 6,6

Hi.
I mean Sailworks Hucker 6,6.
John
Old 21st August 2006, 05:35 AM   #3
Roger
Dream Team - School Guru

Hi John,
I've only had my 6.6 m2 Hucker prototype (the last evolution before the production sail) for about 2 months, and I've been traveling and working alot to so I don't have the time on the 6.6 Hucker that I'd like to have.
I have lot's of experience with the 4.8 m2 and 5.6 m2 Huckers and the 6.6 m2 seems very similar, so I think some of the tuning and tweaking tips that I've received from Bruce Peterson and Dale Cook will probalby apply to the 6.6m 2 as well.
If you want more top speed, try to get a Sailworks "Backbone" 460 cm mast. It bends a little differently than a std. dia. 460 cm IMCS 24-26 mast and you can use the difference between the Backbone and a Std. mast to change the way the top of your Hucker reacts.
With a std. dia. Sailworks Speedstick or Joystick, you get the tight upper leech that the Hucker was designed to give you.
With the Backbone 460 mast , the upper part of the sail loosens up (right at the back and only in as far as the inside of the anti-flutter mini-battens) a bit more and the luff sleeve pulls back pretty tightly around the smaller dia. reducing the frontal area slightly.
The 6.6m2 that I have is very slightly different than the production sail so I'm pretty sure you will get about the same sort of tuning "differences" with your production 6.6 Hucker.
If you want the max. "float" for getting big air, use a std. dia. 460 mast and allow the larger diameter to fill out the lower parts of the luff sleeve. This is the mast the sail was designed on, I'm pretty sure.
If you want a little looser leech up top, use the Backbone 460.
The Backbone mast also give you a bit more power down lower in the sail when fully loaded up because the smaller dia. Backbone gives a little more fullness from the batten above the boom to the foot batten.
Hope this helps,
Roger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2006, 04:50 PM   #4
John1

Default RE: Hucker 6,6

Thank You Roger.
It?sjust what I want to know.
With regards,
John
Old 1st December 2006, 02:18 AM   #5
o2bnme

Send a message via AIM to o2bnme Send a message via Yahoo to o2bnme

I look forward to hearing how you like the 6.6 and what range you expect it to be useful in. I'm expecting it will be a key sail for me to use with my iSonic 105. My next largest sail is a Retro 8.0. The next smaller is a 5.6 Hucker.

Oh, and on a related topic. I timed it... it took me ~5 minutes to rig my 4.8. I started the clock after unrolling the sail.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
o2bnme is offline   Reply With Quote