Go Back   Starboard Forums > Kevin`s Corner

Old 1st January 2007, 11:41 PM   #1
wsurfn

Default Just for fun

O.K. Kevin, let's have a little hypothetical fun.

Let's say you decide you have had enough of the PWA and work and decide to take a rootsy discover mainland America sabbatical for a year.(Remember...hypothetical here)

Your van can only hold 3 boards and 5 sails. You get to choose what every you want from the Starboard/Maui Sails production gear vaults. Size is not a limitation.

You start in your hometown L.A. and drive up the west coast. Then you have to head east and hit all the midwest lakes and then head south to Texas. Then you head over to the east coast and tour it from FL to MA.

Your goal is to only spend a few days in each spot, but to maximize your sailing time and fun factor. In other words, you HAVE TO SAIL in less than ideal conditions. No MX unless there is less than 10mph of wind. You can't just sail the hot spots.

What do you bring?? What sizes and why?

Happy New Year!
wsurfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2007, 01:53 PM   #2
Kevin Pritchard
Dream Team Member

Default RE: Just for fun

Ok.. I will have a play. My first board of choice would be the Stype 115. Then I would have an Acid 80 as my main wave board for all round sailing and for my third board it would be tuff decision between an Acid 74 or a Stype 93. The Stype 93 would be great for the Gorge and any of the higher wind lakes or clearing winds, great for blasting around with the 5.3 and catching some big air. The 74 would be nicer if I was staying on the coast more but if i was doing all the states then it would lean towards the Stype.. For sails I would use the Maui Sails Switch 7.5, 6.0, and then switch to the Legend 5.3, 4.7 and 4.2.

How about you? What is in your quiver and if you could build a dream quiver what would you take?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Kevin Pritchard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2007, 12:28 AM   #3
wsurfn

Thanks for taking the time. I bet you would be on that Stype 115/Switch 7.5 more than you think. A lot of 10-15 on the mainland. I find it interesting no iSonics, formula...

That said, based on my own quiver, and I am tall (6'6" and #235). I would go for a 8.5 MS2, 7.5 and 6.4 Switch, 5.3 and 4.5 Legend. S-types 137, 115, and an EvoXTV 90. Thanks for asking

You and brother are class acts. Congrats on your latest title. I hope you have a great 2007.
wsurfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2007, 12:58 AM   #4
Kevin Pritchard
Dream Team Member

Thanks! I hope to have another great year. Maybe with the momentum from 2006 I can keep it rolling!

How about anyone else out there?? What is your Dream Quiver?

Thanks for sharing!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 5th January 2007, 01:45 AM   #5
Russell

Hi Kevin.

A trip around the States would be something. Lots of wonderful places to sail. I would not want to be limited by wind so.

Boards PA68. Flare99 and Serenity. To get the Serenity inside the van will have to be big, more luxury.

Sails 7.5 Ezzy infinity. 5.2,4.7,4.0,3.5 SE Wave.

Congrats on your results last year and a healthy, successfull 2007.

Russell.
Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2007, 03:02 PM   #6
Kevin Pritchard
Dream Team Member

I would love to have the time to do a trip around the states. You know, I have been to twice as many countries as I have states. Hopefully one day I can check out my home country!

Keep your dream quivers coming. It is interesting to hear about!

Old 6th January 2007, 04:41 PM   #7
stingray

8-12knots 9.8 freerace sail
12-16knots 8.2 race sail
16-20knots 6.4 freewave/freestyle sail
20-25knots 5.7 wave sail
22-30knots 5.0 wave sail

80cm wide slalom / freerace board for 8.2-9.8
66cm/110liter freestyle/freewave board for 5.0-5.7-6.4
62cm/92 liter EV0 for 5.0-5.7

this is minimum kit for most fun on lakes and in open sea. dream quiver would add one more slalom board around like iS101 and 6.7 race sail and a supercross board around 120 liters with 7.3 nocam supercross sail, and then maybe one more wave sail around 4.5 for above 30knots. but i choose to stick with 3 boards and 5 sails currently as i can convince myself that there are no excessive overlaps of kit.

i am 190cm tall, 95kg weight.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2007, 03:14 AM   #8
rb

I have my dream quiver:
waveboard 230*54 home made
slalomboard 233*58 home made
TR 1 7.6, TR 2 6.3, Global 5.0 and Legends 4.5 & 4.0 (7.6 will be upgraded by TR 3)

All the best for 07! Hope to see you in Fuerte
Robert
rb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2007, 10:38 PM   #9
-Lampi-

Send a message via MSN to -Lampi-

Dream quiver....................

Boards: Evo 70, flare 99, isonic 133

Salis: 3.7 SO, 4.5 SO, 5.6 Echo, 6.4 Echo, 8.1 SuperSpeed

Old 10th January 2007, 12:47 AM   #10
geo

Well, I must admit that I am not good at manouvers and transitions, not good at all... and maybe for this reason I like speed much more than my buddies. And I also have many alternatives to not so perfect days, such as motorbiking, photography, and my daughter. Therefore, neither freestyle, nor big lightwind boards and sails, and not even much small stuff for extra strong winds.
So here is my ideal quiver:
boards: Evo XTV 75, Kombat 87, iSonic 94
sails: Maui Sails Global 4.7 and 5.4; Switch 6.0; TR-3 6.3, 7.0.
Actually, not much far away from my present quiver.
geo is offline   Reply With Quote